Thursday, July 24, 2008

What is "The Jessica Project"?

Hello and welcome to my blog. The Jessica Project is a program created to accept donations of scarves for cancer patients.
My sister Jessica has been my inspiration in creating this donation service. She was diagnosed with cancer at age 16 and I saw first hand the trauma of her hair loss. She was given hats and wraps, but she looked most beautiful in her head scarves. She had one to go with every outfit! The scarves really seemed to give her confidence through a trying time in her life.
We all know someone who is affected by cancer. Cancer is terrible and unfortunate. It has no boundaries; no preferred method of who it affects.
My goal is to give back to those who are fighting the tough cancer battle. We can give them a scarf and a smile and maybe in doing so, offer a little bit of hope.
Please join me in this donation fund. Please send your friends and family to this site. Set up a donation program in your area. Through our paypal account, donations can also be made. Some of those donations will help in the shipping of the scarves. The remaining amount will purchase new scarves.
If you have an interest in helping, please email me at: jessicaproject@ymail.com
I will be happy to send you brochures and teach you how to set up a scarf drive locally.

Scarves can also be mailed directly to:
1721 3rd St.
Neptune Beach, FL 32266

Together, we can make the world a little brighter through the gift of scarves!

Thank you so much,

Brittney Davis

No comments: